Senior Software Engineer, Glitch.ai March 2020 - March 2020
I joined the marketing attribution startup Glitch.ai on March 16, 2020. However,
due to COVID-19 the company was forced to shutter operations on March 27,
- enabled experimentation for a data science task by leveraging existing
continuous integration (CI) infrastructure on top of AWS CodeBuild
Machine Learning Engineer, ZestFinance Sep 2018 - March
Senior Associate, Data Science Team
- Contributing to model fairness and explainability research and library
development (using Python, tensorflow/keras, numba, xgboost, pandas,
- Contributing to client-facing development efforts
- Streamlining POC client (proof of concept) model development processes
Software Engineer, ZestFinance July 2017 - Sept
Currently working on the Zest Automated Machine Learning (ZAML) product and
related ML infrastructure/tooling.
- Developed a protype knowledge engineering workflow framework starting
from early ideation.
The framework captured descriptions of day-to-day modeling activities
within Jupyter notebook and RStudio to automate generation of
compliance and risk management documentation.
Supported data provenence for predictive models built with machine
learning libraries such as xgboost, sklearn and tensorflow.
- Provided development and support for model hosting infrastructure in
production enterprise B2B settings.
Software Engineering Consultant, Self-Employed Feb 2016 - July
- Terranodo, Python software consultant for government GIS contract.
- Growthbot.io, Principal engineer. Built out Slack bot SaaS product
MVP. Managed design and engineering resources.
- Fight For the Future, Full-stack software consultant. Built out a video
recording widget for the July 12th “Battle for the Net” day of action
around net neutrality.
Backend Software Engineer, Manifest Commerce Nov 2014 - Feb
Backend software engineer.
- Co-authored and launched rewrite of Manifest’s advertising platform.
Responsibilities included early monitoring, alerting and release
management duties. Project was built on AWS using technologies such
as Python, Celery, Flask, SQLAlchemy, PostgreSQL, and RabbitMQ.
- Supported and scaled platform from first test ad to over $1M revenue /
month and majority of client spend.
- Primary technical resource for client importer onboarding. Worked
directly with account managers. Trained technical account managers in
sufficient Python skills to help maintain internal ETL pipeline.
Software Engineering Consultant, Self-Employed Nov 2012 - Nov
- Matterport, Provided web and RESTful API development services
- Manifest Commerce, Client importer consultant (2013-2014)
- Real Pie Media, Godofwar.com tech lead. Coordinated cross-team
efforts. Contributed to active feature development (2013)
- Joystick Interactive, Google Social Voting App backend developer
Software Engineer, Getaround Nov 2010 - Sept 2012,
Was one of the first engineering hires. Helped develop, maintain and support a 24/7
car rentals platform that enabled users the ability to rent and unlock cars owned by
their peers from their phone. Primary author on services for car unlock API and
event-based email system.
Student Intern, Jet Propulsion Laboratory June 2009 - Sept 2009,
Developed a set of code rule compliance checkers in Python and C++ under the
supervision of Dr. Gerard Holzmann at the Laboratory for Reliable Software
(LaRS). Code checkers targeted Mars Science Laboratory (MSL) flight software and
enforced rules defined in the NASA/JPL C coding standard.
Student Intern, Jet Propulsion Laboratory June 2007 - Sept 2007,
June 2008 - Aug 2008
Co-developed a web application which assisted Systems Engineering team in
management of command and telemetry dictionaries.
Co-founder, Zooomr, Inc. Oct 2005 - June 2007
Zooomr was a Techcrunch-featured photo sharing application that supported
OpenID authentication, mobile upload, geotagging, trackbacks, comments as well as
localization in over 20 languages (now defunct).